Monday, June 3, 2013

Tech Extremes

Many stories already and much background about how we got here, but for today: Technology Extremes.

Everyone here has a "mobile" - a slick Samsung Galaxy or comparable smart phone - profs, students, etc.  The campus is wireless; QR codes dot the chapel, classrooms, and athletic fields so professors can quickly record attendance.  And yet, the housekeeping staff (a team of fearsome, middle-aged ladies called ajeemas) use brooms handmade from twigs and use.... NAIL SCISSORS to cut the grass.  I am not kidding.  I saw it myself today outside of the (world-renowned, UN-connected) law school on campus.  Nail scissors.  Get me a goat already....

2 comments:

  1. This story creates a great image. Thanks for letting us come along on your journey via technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO GLAD you are writing a blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, questions, insights, etc. :)